- Kills Thrush on contact
- Heals damaged tissue
- Natural and non-toxic
Thrush is an infection of the horse's frog. Bacteria sets in and feeds on the frog's soft tissue. An untreated mild case can turn into a major infection involving sensitive live tissue inside the hoof, which often creates serious and sometimes permanent lameness.
Anaerobic (it survives without oxygen) bacteria penetrates the soft tissue of the frog and can eat all the way to the sensitive tissue and into the digital plantar cushion and eventually into the navicular and coffin bones.
Generally mild Thrush is an infection that is easy to treat. However, if the factors that cause it (infected stalls, poor hoof keeping, etc) are not corrected, the infection will likely return. Once the black necrotic (dead) tissue has been removed and the frog, cleft and sulcus (the grooves on either side of the frog) of the hoof have been cleaned, you can apply "Thrush Off". Brush the product deep into the frog and affected areas with a toothbrush.
Unlike other products, Thrush Off does not burn sensitive or live tissue such as the coronet band or an open wound. Unlike other thrush products, Thrush Off heals open wound tissue, kills Thrush on contact, and is natural and non-toxic.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 06 May, 2009.